We were supposed to have lunch and make gingerbread houses with Ellie one afternoon before David came home for Christmas vacation, but Ryan came down with an 102 degree fever the night before so that didn't end up happening. Luckily, we were able to reschedule it for the following week, and since David was home, we went over for dinner rather than lunch.
Lisa made barbecue pork sandwiches for the adults and I made Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer peanut butter and honey sandwiches for the kids. Aren't they cute??

I made these sandwiches last year as well, but I definitely like the way they turned out better this year using regular sized chocolate chips for the eyes rather than the mini ones.
After dinner, Ryan and Ellie got to work decorating their gingerbread houses. Ellie was really into it this year; however, Ryan wasn't too keen on the idea of wasting perfectly delicious candy on a house. He preferred putting the candy to good use in his mouth, though, he did finally decorate one side {with some coaxing}. Daddy then helped finish the rest while Ryan enjoyed some more candy. That is part of the fun of making gingerbread houses, right?!




Santa!


The kiddos with their finished houses :)

And the fun wasn't over! Before we headed home, R and E had popcorn and watched
Prep and Landing, while David and Adam talked about guy things and Lisa and I gossiped :) It is so nice to have friends that we all three enjoy hanging out with!!

Although I was disappointed at the time, I am now glad that Ryan ended up being sick for our original gingerbread-house-making-playdate because having to reschedule allowed us the opportunity to spend some fun family time together with another great family {and I got to enjoy a day full of cuddling with my sick boy ... a double bonus}! Thanks Lichfields!
No comments:
Post a Comment