Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Shamrocks, waterfalls, a house, and more!

Hello to all Mama's blog readers!

Mama and I spent the weekend in Kentucky with my father {I am really into using formal terms these days, which everyone thinks is funny for some reason}. It was so much fun and I was SO happy to be with Daddy!

I ate lunch {chicken nuggets from Chick-fil-A, my fav!}, watched movies, played my iPad, and slept on the car ride up on Friday afternoon after Mama and I went to MOPS. Friday night we stayed at a hotel in Lexington and had dinner at a yummy restaurant called Ramsey's Dinner.

Saturday was St. Patrick's Day and we had to get up really early for a race that my mother and father participated in with a friend of Daddy's from work. Mama tells me it was called the Shamrock Shuffle and was a family friendly 3K race benefiting Habitat for Humanity. I got to ride in the stroller most of the way, watching all the other crazy runners. After the race, which didn't take long, we got free bagels, water, and goetta sandwiches, which my father loved!

After getting a treat from the Leprechaun, showering, taking a good nap, and checking out of the hotel, we went back downtown for Lexington's St. Patrick's Day Festival and Parade. I had fun watching some of the parade, and had a yummy grilled cheese sandwich {at Parlay Social while Daddy had corned beef} and an orange italian ice. I also loved wearing my green St. Patrick's Day shirt that Mama got for me! Green is one of my favorite colors right now.

My treat from the Leprechaun :)

Hanging with my father at Parlay Social.

I liked seeing the bagpipes!

The parade was quite popular ... there were people everywhere!

Yum! :)

We drove back to Daddy's office Saturday night and went to our favorite restaurant in town for dinner. Daddy even knew a few men there, which was awesome because they had a free chocolate birthday dessert sent to our table :) Then we rented and watched the movie Happy Feet 2 together in Daddy's bed. I love watching movies with my mother and father!

On Sunday, we did a few different things. We went to Cumberland Falls, had lunch at Subway, and then went by to look at our new house, which I am looking forward to moving into in May. Mama says it is quite small but that it will be cozy, and we are all looking forward to living together again! Although Mama also says that we are going to have some culture shock when we first get there -- good thing I don't know what that means yet :)

Eskimo Kisses for Mama

Cumberland Falls, sometimes called the Little Niagara, is the biggest waterfall I have ever seen!

Our new house :)

While Daddy and I napped in the car after seeing our soon-to-be new house, Mama wasted time by finding and driving through the tornado damaged area in the county we will be living in. She said it was unbelievable and very sad! Hopefully there aren't anymore bad storms that pass through while we live there!!

We then headed back to Daddy's office and found a new yummy Mexican restaurant for dinner. I love me some chicken, flour tortillas, chips, and cheese dip! Then, after another round of movie watching at Daddy's office, we headed to bed.

Mama got up early the next morning to go check out a new preschool for me {she says she wasn't thrilled with it for next year, but found out about an MMO program while she was there that she is very interested in}. When she got back I was having breakfast and watching cartoons with Daddy. Then we loaded up the car, told my father goodbye, and drove back to Pop's house.

It was a great weekend together in Kentucky!!

Love,
Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment