Saturday, February 18, 2012

Valentine's Day 2012

Valentine's Day was a lot of fun this year {minus David's absence}! And Ryan is old enough now to kind of get little holidays like this so that makes it all the more exciting!

{Not to mention the fact that I love a good reason to do some themed arts and crafts -- there is way too much cool stuff to be found on the internet these days, and to shower my boys with hearts and love!}

We surprised David with a little treat ... 12 buttercream frosted cookies and a card from Cheryls, which arrived in record time so he actually got them the Friday prior to the big day. I was a little disappointed by there early arrival, but at least he still knew we were thinking of him and missing him on Valentine's Day! He just got to enjoy the cookies a little longer and was nice enough to bring a few home this past weekend for Ryan and I to enjoy too :) They were yummy!

I got crafty on some Blast-Off Valentines for Ryan to pass out to all of his friends and classmates. They were pretty easy to make and I think they turned out super cute! I had to overcompensate for last year when I was THAT mom -- the one who didn't even think to take valentines to our playgroup Valentine's Day party for my sweet child to pass out like everyone else.

On Monday morning, we had our second annual little Valentine's Day party with our playgroup. The kids got to play, have pizza and cupcakes, and exchange valentines. Ryan's buddy, Conall, wasn't able to make it so he was the only boy vying for the girls attention :) Lucky guy!

Alyssa, Mira, Anya, and Ryan

Tuesday was Valentine's Day and Ryan had school from 9 AM - 1 PM. So I got a little festive with his morning and mid-day meals. I made him heart shaped cinnamon sugar toast for breakfast, and put heart shaped strawberries and a Valentine's Day Snack Mix in his lunchbox with his chicken nuggets and red juice :)

Ryan came home from school with a bag full of valentines from his classmates, which he had so much fun exchanging. And he was so happy to find his Valentine's Day gift from Mommy and Daddy -- the Disney movie Lady and the Tramp, some {more} candy, and a Spider-Man card. He got to pick one piece of candy to enjoy before naptime and he chose his heart-shaped ring pop. He was quite a hoot while he was eating it, and turned, briefly, into a friendly pirate when he was done. It must have been all the sugar! :)

After Ryan's nap, we snuggled and watched his new movie together. What a cute tale and how fitting for the occasion -- Lady and Tramp were so full of love :) Then Pop treated us to a delicious, low-key dinner at Mama's Pizza.

We concluded our Valentine's celebrations on Wednesday afternoon with Ellie. The kids had lunch, played, and decorated cookies, the latter of which was a little shocking as Ryan actually ate his cookies without even touching the icing. I guess he prefers white icing like his Daddy. Ellie, on the other hand, was a fan of the chocolate icing and looked quite dirty to Ryan by the time she finished :)

1 comment:

  1. You are so crafty. I love all those cute Valentine's day ideas. Glad you guys are doing well ~Meredith

    ReplyDelete