Sunday, January 22, 2012

HoneyBells

Have you ever heard of or tried a HoneyBell? Up until a few weeks ago, my answer would have been "no."

But after reading a rave review about this juicy, perfectly sweet-perfectly tart creation from a blog friend of mine, I decided we HAD to experience them for ourselves.

What are HoneyBells, you ask? They are a natural hybrid of a tangerine and a grapefruit, and they are only available once a year ... in January. Intriguing, if you ask me!

By the next afternoon, a HoneyBells Large Sampler was on the way to our doorstep. And the timing of their arrival was perfect ... just in time for David's visit home for MLK weekend.

Although they aren't cheap {thus, I probably won't be ordering them again}, we have enjoyed them over the last week and a half. And I can definitely say they are the JUICIEST fruit ever to enter my mouth, by far!!

I guess the fact that Cushman's sends HoneyBell bibs in the box should be a tell-tale sign of what is to come!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment