My Dad's birthday was on Saturday so we had dinner with my family that evening at my Mom's house {weird, I know!} ... AFTER I made a cherry pie and we ALL 3 cuddled up together in my Dad's extra-wide arm chair for 2+ hours and took a nap. It was that kind of weekend {a.k.a, the hubby's favorite kind}!
Ryan liked the puppy on the front of his card to Pop! Lately, he likes to pretend that he is a puppy, which is quite funny :)
Happy Birthday, Pop!
Ryan really enjoys birthday celebrations, even when they aren't for him. The present opening, singing, blowing out of candles {and licking them, as of late}, AND birthday cake put a smile on his sweet little face every time :)Luckily for Ryan, Pop's birthday officially kicked off the "birthday season" for my immediate family. Uncle Alan's is in February, Aunt Laura's is in March, and Mommy's is in April!
By Sunday afternoon, I was itching to get out of the house again {I am the opposite of my husband and don't generally like to lay around all weekend}. My sister went to BODIES ... The Exhibition a few weeks ago, and ever since, I have had a renewed interest in going too {it has been in Atlanta for a few years now}. I found a great deal on Goldstar for half off tickets so David and I dropped Ryan off at Aunt Laura's house and headed downtown for the afternoon.I felt slightly nauseous the first 5 minutes that we were in the exhibit and briefly questioned my decision to come, but it did turn out to be very interesting once I calmed down. It definitely showed us an intimate and informative view of the human body {the skeletal, muscular, nervous, respiratory, digestive, urinary, reproductive, endocrine, and circulatory systems}, which we will probably never experience again. Actually, let me rephrase, I have no desire to experience the human body like this again, in an exhibit or elsewhere. Once was enough for this girl! :)
On another, slightly unrelated note, Ryan and I had fun using our bodies {and blankets and chairs} to build a cool fort one night recently. Although, to get inside, mine had to squish and turn in ways that it wasn't intended, Ryan fit perfectly and was thrilled with our building skills, as were Mater and Lightning McQueen :)However, as Ryan liked destroying the fort by jumping on the outside {which was an accident waiting to happen due to the chairs} as much as he liked playing inside, it didn't last long. The little munchkin is all BOY and is so much fun! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment