Sunday, October 9, 2011

Fun at the Farm

Hi guys,

What doin'? Guess what? Mommy and Daddy took me to another farm this weekend -- Cagle's Family Farm! I loved it ... especially the jumpee pillow, the popcorn, the cows, sheep, goats, and piggies, the herding dogs, and the punkins! :)

I got to ride a pony when we first got there, which scared me a little. Then I played on the jumpee pillows before we went through the corn maze. I found some ears of corn on the ground as we wandered around the maze, which I tried to eat despite Mommy and Daddy telling me not too. It was gross ... I should have listened! Mommy and Daddy are smart!





Towards the end of the maze, I got tired so Mommy and Daddy took turns carrying me the rest of the way. I got a second wind after we got through the maze though, and I immediately headed for the jumpee pillows again :) Then we had a snack. I had popcorn, which I really like! Mommy and Daddy had ears of corn and boiled peanuts, which I didn't like. After I ate all the popcorn I could, we headed for the farm tour. We had to wait a few minutes for it to start so I played in the punkin patch while we waited.





The farm tour was great! We fed some calves, sheep, and pigs in the animal barn, and visited Miss Rosie's Parlor for a dairy cow milking demonstration. Then we went on a hayride around the farm and saw Tib and Oak, the herding dogs, in action. Tib herded some sheep and Oak herded some cows. The cows came right up to our wagon. One even tried to lick me!




After the hayride, we got some food to feed the goats. They were hungry! I also got to pick out a baby punkin to take home with me. I have a whole collection now :)



It was a fun day!! Even Daddy thought so, which is saying a lot {I think} :) Hopefully we can go back sometime!

Love,
Ryan

P.S. Mommy and Daddy are the best!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment