We had a wonderful three days {Friday, Saturday, and Sunday} in Canton and enjoyed spending time with Dave and some of his family and friends. I also enjoyed getting my fix of some of my favorite food in Canton - Ro's Custard Creations, Angello's, Samantha's, and Milk and Honey. We also enjoyed the cooler Ohio weather, which provided a much needed break from the blazing heat we have been experiencing lately in Hot-lanta. So, here are a few highlights from our trip - in pictures, as I know everyone ignores what I write and skips straight to the pictures anyway :)
1. The little guy slept in a big boy bed all by himself for the very first time and did really well with it! However, just in case you are wondering, we are not ready to switch to this full time by any means as Ryan still likes his crib and has never, yet, attempted to climb out of it.

2. He also learned to play the piano! Just kidding, but Ryan did really enjoy banging on the keys of the piano I used to play many years ago. Maybe he will learn to play one day, if he wants to and David will let him.

3. Ryan loved playing in Dave's backyard with his balls and chalk, the gravel around the fire pit, and especially the garden hose. He was soaken wet by the time he was done with the hose and watching him try to squirt Dave was one of the funniest things I have ever seen. He was also quite enthralled with the barn.

4. We went to Price Park on Saturday afternoon and had fun feeding hundreds {and I am not exaggerating} of ducks and geese, and then playing on the swings.



5. We had lunch and delicious ice cream sundaes/milkshakes at Milk and Honey after we played at the park. Ryan was very fascinated with the milkshake on the sign out front as we were leaving ... guess he didn't get enough inside :)

6. We enjoyed having a bonfire in Dave's backyard on Saturday night {thanks to the cooler weather I already mentioned}. I love bonfires - I guess because they remind me of the fall, my favorite time of the year!

7. We went to Lake Mohawk on Sunday afternoon and had fun riding around on the boat. Ryan even got to go tubing - we went VERY slow, promise!


No comments:
Post a Comment