Wednesday, June 20, 2012

May Recap

I'm here. Didn't mean to disappear on you. Life has been a bit crazy lately with the whole moving thing, and all that has come with it :) So, in an effort to catch you up, here is a mish-mash of May highlights ...

We had dinner and a nice visit with Tony, Debbie, and Grandma Harris, who was in town for a few days from South Carolina, one Tuesday evening ...

I made a yummy birthday cake {a boxed yellow cake and homemade chocolate frosting} for my sweet Ama's birthday, and we helped her celebrate on May 4th ...

I had a going-away-girls'-night-out with my playgroup friends; Adele, Susan, and Kay ...

Ryan went to Ellie's 4th birthday party and had a great time playing with water ...

Love these sweet kiddos!!

Ryan's first year of preschool ended ...

The end of the year class party :)

Erin, Ryan, Ian (behind), and Max

Ryan, Dhanvi, Luke, and Max

Ryan and his teachers, Ms. Linda and Ms. Christine

Enjoying popsicles on the playground after school :)

I enjoyed another going away dinner, this time with the wonderful ladies at my MOPS table this year ...

Jillian, Julie, Linda, Allison, Melissa, and Pam

The little guy and I went to the 22nd Annual Taste of Alpharetta with Dad, Alan, Laura, and Daniel ...

I painted my first canvas at Just for Giggles with Mom for Mother's Day ...

Our family of 3 moved into our new house in Kentucky {so we now live under one roof again ... yay!}, and spent time painting, cleaning, and unpacking {which we are still doing somewhat, just not all day every day} ...

What a mess!!

Painting away ... on Mother's Day :)

We met some new friends at a local park for an afternoon play date, and attended a fun MOPS function {although I don't have any pics of the latter because I didn't take the camera} ...

Samuel, Ryan, Reed, and Lanea

We got a surprise visit from my dad {well, kind of ... we knew he was coming several days in advance, but it certainly wasn't a planned visit}. My family was slightly concerned about us, and probably for good reason. Looking back on it, I'm really not sure what we were thinking or what we would have done without Dad's help. He made sure we Ryan had a real bed to sleep in, and that we had a working/stocked kitchen before he left to head home. And he babysat for Ryan one night while David and I went to a wedding {our new neighbor, whom David also works with, got married ... it's kind of crazy to me that I attended a wedding my first weekend here}. We loved Dad being here and greatly appreciated all his help ...

Ryan and Pop enjoying a popsicle in our backyard :)

We celebrated Memorial Day weekend in Cincinnati with David's family, which included some wedding/engagement festivities for Rachel ...

Wedding dress shopping :)

Rachel's Engagement Party

Big hugs from cousin Erica while swimming at the Woodhaven Swim Club

The boys enjoying some ice cream from Zip Dip :)

Playing animals with Nana :)

Riding rides at the St. Dominic Festival

It was FUN!!

 

And lastly, we had Erica and AJ {Ryan's cousins} spend the better part of a week with us in Kentucky. We went to story time at the library {which is awesome, by the way}, bowling, to the park, to a fun water park, swimming at a new friend's house, and to feed the ducks at a nearby mill ...

Story time at the library

Cousins are the BEST!!

Lunching it in the car before heading into the water park :)

Mama and her boy <3

The boys showing off their works of art ... piggy banks that they painted :)

Fun on the trampoline with new friends :)

Time for popcorn and a movie!

I'd have to say we had a full and exciting month with those we love ... our family and dear friends!! Happy summer! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment