Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Ryan Goes to Preschool

Today was Ryan's first day of preschool at our church :) He is growing up SO fast!! He will be going to school this fall on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 AM to 1 PM. There are 12 kids in his class (all between 29 -36 months of age) and 2 teachers -- Ms. Christine and Ms. Heather. Their daily schedule is as follows:

8:50 - 9:15 Children arrive for the day
9:20 - 9:50 Playground or Trinity Hall
9:55 - 10:20 Snack
10:20 - 10:40 Diapers/potty
10:40 - 11:00 Sing along with musical instruments (and the music teacher comes on Thursdays)
11:05 - 11:40 Crafts and centers
11:45 - 12:00 Story time
12:00 12:30 Lunch
12:30 - 1:00 Bible story/nursery rhyme activity

David and I dropped Ryan off this morning {after a yummy breakfast of doughnut holes :) }, and he did great! His eyes got a little watery on two occasions, but he never cried ... and I am sure the familiarness of being at our church where he goes to the nursery on Sunday mornings and has attended VBS {in the same room actually}, comforted him. And once he gets to know the other children and his teachers, and realizes how much fun he is going to have each day, I think he will be begging to go each morning!

Walking inside to his classroom. Ryan likes to walk
on the speed bump as if it is a balance beam :)

Ryan has a renewed love for Buzz Lightyear these days so we got him a Buzz Lightyear book bag {which he has walked around the house wearing for days, and had no desire to take off when he got to his room this morning} and a Toy Story lunch box -- to Mommy's dismay ... I originally bought him an "old man's lunchbox" {according to Daddy}which I had to swap out for something kid friendly and hip, last night :) Whatever makes my boys happy, right?!?! He did look so cute this morning with the matching combo!

Our big boy with all his "stuff."


And hopefully he eats the lunch that I packed him in that Toy Story lunch box! He is as picky as his daddy, but in a different way {confusing, I know ... try fixing dinner for them!} :), and the school is nut free so no peanut butter and honey on fish bread like he eats at home most days. He had plenty of options though so I am sure he won't starve -- turkey, pepperoni, a cheese stick, wheat thins, yogurt, raisins, and fruit snacks!

Being greeted by Ms. Christine when he arrived. Love this shot!

We hope Ryan has a great few months of school, and know he will learn a lot -- academically and socially!!

On a little side note, I was dreading what I was going to do with my "extra" time this morning, but I am happy to report that it has flown by, and I have managed to find plenty to do :) I will, however, admit that it was a little weird not having Ryan here with me ... there were several times this morning that I sat here thinking he was going to walk in any second from his nap {or Riley was barking and I hoped that she didn't wake him}, and had to quickly remind myself that he wasn't here :( I guess this new routine will take some getting used to for Mommy too!

Okay, I am off to pick-up my boy :) ... Yay!!!

Update: Ryan had an awesome first day!! He never cried and loved playing with the trains, according to his teachers {which doesn't surprise me as he normally starts talking about trains the minute will pull into the church parking lot ... they must have some good ones because he doesn't show much interest in them anywhere else}. He played on the playground, ate most of his lunch, and did an art project involving hearts and the color red.

When we got home he played/watched Meet the Letters {a learning DVD} for about 30 minutes. Then I told him he either had to take a nap {he hasn't been taking naps everyday lately because they cause havoc at bedtime} or have some quiet time in his room. He immediately chose to EAT :) ... a fish sandwich with peanut butter and honey. Guess he wasn't stuffed from lunch! Then he went to his room to look at some books {which he likes to look at himself rather than be read too ... yes, we are at that stage!}, and have an hour of quiet time. A few minutes later, this is what I found ...

School was tiring!! And notice that he changed into
his long sleeve Buzz shirt {from last fall, meaning it is
too little} as soon as he got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment