I always loved to decorate gingerbread houses when I was little so I decided to buy a gingerbread house kit this year and make one with Ryan. And as I have been dying to make reindeer peanut butter and jelly sandwiches this holiday season, I also decided to invite a few neighborhood friends over to have lunch and help us with the house -- made it seem more like a fun little party :)
While my party didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, we still had fun.
The sandwiches were ADORABLE; however, the boys were not interested in eating lunch {not at all} so they turned out to be more of a display item. Oh well -- sort of a waste of bread and time! At least they looked good on display though, right?
While my party didn't turn out exactly as I had planned, we still had fun.
The sandwiches were ADORABLE; however, the boys were not interested in eating lunch {not at all} so they turned out to be more of a display item. Oh well -- sort of a waste of bread and time! At least they looked good on display though, right?


As for the gingerbread house ...
The kit included everything we needed to build and decorate our house except for a little water {I don't think they made such a thing when I was little}. Should be easy enough, huh?
As the boys were having fun playing, I decided to go ahead and began constructing the house. Then they could just help with the decorating -- the fun part. All I can say is that this turned out to be a little more difficult than I was expecting. Thank goodness I had another mommy to help! It would have been impossible with only 2 hands.
Once we finally got the house put together, the boys started decorating. Actually, let me clarify that, Harrison decorated while Ryan ate icing and candy :) There is no doubt he is my boy! Eventually, he did end up helping a little although once he realized all the candy was gone, he began trying to take it back off the house to eat. It was pretty funny!
in one hand while a fresh piece is about to go into his mouth :)
Our first gingerbread house turned out pretty cute though, and now that we have done it once, hopefully it will be even easier next year -- to construct and to use the candy on the house rather than to satisfy our sweet tooth :)
The finished product -- turned out well! :)
And here are a few other random, but cute pictures from our play dates this week ...
Our Tuesday playgroup -- last meeting for 2010.



No comments:
Post a Comment