




However, I do think that Ryan is glad to have his bed back as he didn't sleep nearly as much while we were gone as he does at home ... or maybe he was just having so much fun he didn't have time for sleep! Either way, he was more irritable and ornery than usual, but seems to be back to normal now after two good nights of sleep in his cozy bed. And, I am thrilled about this as I was not ready for the terrible twos to have set in completely quite yet!
We enjoyed spending time with the entire Morrison side of the family {there aren't very many of us} during our vacation. Dad rented the condo right next door to Pop's and we enjoyed visits from Alan, Susan, and Andy throughout the week.






We frequented the beach and pool daily, and had fun playing bocce ball, shuffleboard {David is still upset that I beat him twice!}, riding bikes, playing at the park, going on a boat ride {during which David ran us aground as we quickly learned that the water gets very shallow in parts of the river behind the condo at low-tide ... it made for a good laugh once we paddled our way back to deeper water}, and eating good food {and, if your name is Ryan, this also includes lots of Pop's candy - Hershey's kisses, peppermint patties, and spiced gum drops, Uncle Alan's chocolate milk, Aunt Laura's Cocoa Puffs, and chips, especially ones dipped in cheese dip or salsa ... for those that don't know, Ryan is the dipping king!}.





The ocean was absolutely beautiful while we were there, too ... clear, green water the entire time. I have been to New Smyrna Beach many times in my life and have never seen the water look this pretty {at least that I can remember}. It was more like what you would expect on the Gulf rather than the Atlantic. Everyone said that it was because there hadn't been any storms yet this year to churn the water all up. Whatever the cause, it was so lovely and I am glad that it stayed that way all week {as I don't particularly like being in the ocean when I cannot see what is swimming around me}.



No comments:
Post a Comment