The party was complete chaos, but Ryan loved being there as always. Ryan was even lucky enough to get to have a turn at the cookie icing station and thoroughly enjoyed his large iced sugar cookie {sorry no pictures as I didn't have the camera since I wasn't planning to be going by the school when I left home} ... the boy definitely has his mama's sweet tooth! After about an hour of chasing Ryan around the room filled with what seemed like a million people {parents, grandparents, and kindergartners} who were doing various activies ranging from hula dancing, decorating sand buckets, icing cookies, coloring, taking pictures, etc., I decided it was time to go home. Ryan was not thrilled and did his fake-like cry that he started doing around Easter when someone leaves and he doesn't want them to or when he has to leave somewhere and doesn't want to, and we were out the door. Then, about 5 minutes after we left, it dawned on me that I had forgotten to get the stupid letters, the whole purpose for my trip in the first place. Oh well, I wasn't going back at this point. We would have to get the letters another time.
On a little side note, somewhere in my quest for letters, I also took Ryan to story time at Barnes & Nobles; however, he wasn't interested in being read too. He instead preferred to stand on the "stage" next to the nice lady that was reading so that everyone could smile at him ... this is not something he gets from his mama, for sure!
You will be happy to know, though, that we did finally get the magnetic letters, and have had fun with them ever since. David has even enjoyed them and I woke up one morning to the following note from him ...
It made my day! Isn't he sweet?! I sure think so! Ryan and I both love him to pieces and are so thankful for all that he does for us everyday!!!
We sure hope that everyone has a wonderful, relaxing memorial day weekend! David is off tomorrow and Monday, and we are really looking forward to it! We are also hoping for a special visit from Uncle Al :)
MA, I'm so proud of David and You for being such great parents but mostly for surviving the trials and tribulations of marriage, especially since no parent has set an example to follow ! Keep working hard and communicating as that is a major key to maintaining happiness ! I LOVE YOU BOTH AND HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON AT FRIPP. DW
ReplyDelete